Multidiscipline Pipeline Projects | United States
An international pipeline client provides transportation, storage, and marketing of crude oil and refined products, as well as the storage of natural gas, and the processing, transportation, fractionation, storage, and marketing of natural gas liquids (NGL). They handle over 4 million barrels per day of crude oil and NGL in their US pipelines. DPSI was retained to provide Mechanical Integrity, Geomatics (3D laser scanning), Mechanical and Civil Engineering services on numerous pipelines and facilities throughout the United States.
DPSI's ongoing scope of work includes:
Mechanical Integrity Inspection
- Provide external non-destructive inspections at various pipeline storage and pumping facilities using guided wave testing and ANST certified ultrasonic crews.
- Provide C-Scan phased array ultrasonic testing on pipelines for internal corrosion scanning and anomaly prove up.
- Provide internal and external inspections on facility process heaters using API 510 certified inspectors with support from ANST level III certified ultrasonic technicians.
- Perform a variety of prove-up inspections and testing of anomalies found during Internal Line Inspections (ILI) in Kern and Los Angeles Counties. This includes ultrasonic corrosion scanning, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant, visual, coating application inspections and assessment, and documented daily inspection reports using certified weld inspectors and ASNT certified inspection crews.
- Provide detailed expedited reports featuring fully detailed color anomaly mapping with recommendations and storage of PAUT (Phased Array) and GUL (Guided Wave) inspection raw data.
- Perform 3D laser scanning to identify the existing conditions at several facilities throughout the United States.
- Provide surveying and staking services for field pipeline sites and facilities.
- Perform underground line locating, determine stake areas for inspection trenching, locate mile post markers and perform topographic surveys to create property plats for encroachment permits, and prepare topographic base map to be used for exhibits and permit purposes.
- Provide surveying services to develop metes and bounds right-of-way documentation.
- Perform mechanical facility as-builds at tank and piping manifold locations throughout the United States.
- Perform front-end engineering services for pipeline replacement / relocations.
- Engineering and design services at remote / isolated locations. These remote stations required the installation of solar power generating and battery storage equipment for valve operation.
- Provide permitting and coordination services with agencies in Kern County, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara County, Los Angeles County, and Caltrans. This includes: compilation and submittal of encroachment permit applications and additional information requested during permit review; research of permit requirements; preparation of site plans and traffic control plans to support permit applications; coordination of meetings with permit officials, and assistance with scheduling of site inspections.
- Complete Grading design and provide Grading and Erosion Control Plans for dig areas in counties that require grading permits, including Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties.