NAVFAC Designer of Record Services | California
The Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) is committed to the Navy’s and United States Marine Corps’ combat readiness. DPSI is providing piping, mechanical, and civil design services for several NAVFAC projects on four different bases in California. We prepare design packages and NAVFAC submittals and serve as the overall Designer of Record (DOR) for various NAVFAC projects.
DPSI’s ongoing scope of work includes:
- Serve as the Designer of Record (DOR) for various NAVFAC projects
- Prepare design packages & submit for NAVFAC approval
- Coordinate design and submittals with Structural, Geotechnical and Electrical Engineers and Design Quality Control to ensure design drawings meet applicable NAVFAC CAD standards and project intent
- Provide fuel systems design services including piping, tanks, pumps, filters and related equipment
- Prepare P&ID and flow diagrams
- Construct piping model in Caesar II stress analysis software
- Perform piping stress analysis, review areas of high stress and displacements. Use analysis to verify placement of pipe supports, guides, anchors, and other restraints.
- Conduct line loss / line sizing calculations for new fuel delivery systems
- Perform final QA / QC review of drawing package and add Mechanical and Civil Engineering stamps
- Attend meetings and perform site visits at various military bases including China Lake Naval Air Weapons Station, NAS North Island (Coronado), Barstow Marine Corps Logistics Base and Port Hueneme
- Prepare repair plans for containment rehabilitations, including patch and coatings specifications, application procedures and inspection requirements
- Review, stamp, and sign cover letters for Design Development and Final Design submittal packages
- Complete as-built drawings