Position Title: Administrative Assistant I
Reports To: Support Services Supervisor
EEOC Class: Clerical
FLSA Status: Non-exempt; Hourly
Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm
(Note: Overtime may be expected as approved by supervisor)
Provide administrative support to DPSI staff members by handling clerical responsibilities, back up to reception, as well as perform project related tasks such as reviewing/formatting documents and report preparation.
|Essential Job Function
1. Answer telephones, greet clients/walk-ins, open and route mail and check, as needed to cover for reception.
2. Maintain schedule for meeting rooms and set-up for onsite meetings as needed
3. Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors
4. Operate office equipment (copier, fax, printers, etc.)
5. File paper and electronic project related correspondence according to document control procedures
6. Run errands for company (driving)
7. Coordinate travel arrangements
8. Create new projects on company network according to established procedures
9. Review work completed by others to check for spelling, grammar and company formatting
10. Draft project proposals and estimates using templates, compose and distribute project meeting notes, draft routine correspondence
11. Expected to complete approximately 25% or more billable work per week.
12. Assist in other duties as needed and directed
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Good written and verbal communication
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Operate office equipment such as copier, fax machine, scanner, telephone system, etc.
· Good organizational skills
· Quick learner
· Attention to detail
|Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and 1+ years of administrative experience required. Industry experience helpful.
|Physical Requirements||Percentage of Work Time Spent of Activity|
|Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, vendors and employees.||X|
|Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about department.||X|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up paper products or directories.||X|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.||X|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.||X|
|Working Condition: Normal working conditions absent extreme factors
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com