|Identification Section EEOC Class: Clerical
Position Title: Marketing Assistant FLSA Status: Exempt; Salary
Location: Bakersfield Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm
Department: Administrative (Note: Overtime may be expected)
Reports To: Christina Bottoms
Support DPSI”s strategic marketing plan while providing administrative support to the executive leadership team. Create, maintain and strengthen the organization’s overall brand through all media avenues.
|Essential Job Function
1. Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the company’s activities.
2. Support executives in organizing and executing various projects.
3. Conduct market research, employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.), and preparation of reports.
4. Compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts.
5. Compose marketing literature (brochures, press releases, etc.) to augment the company’s presence in various markets.
6. Implement marketing plans that include print, broadcast and online content.
7. Assist with developing and managing content and social media marketing programs, including blogs and public relations efforts.
8. Assist in the planning of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns and attend events to facilitate their success.
9. Communicate directly with clients, vendors and encourage trusting relationships.
10. Assists in other duties as needed and directed.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
· Firm grasp on various marketing platforms and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing
· Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
· Must have a high level of creativity
· Demonstrate ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
· Good understanding of office management and marketing principles
· Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Etc.)
· Operate office equipment such as copier, fax machine, scanner, telephone system, etc.
|Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, or a related field and 2+ years of related experience required.
|Physical Requirements||Percentage of Work Time Spent of Activity|
|Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with management and employees.||X|
|Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about department.||
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up paper products or directories.||X|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.||X|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.||
|Working Condition: Normal working conditions absent extreme factors
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com