Position Title: Civil CAD Technician II
Location: San Luis Obispo
Department: Civil Engineering
Reports To: Alberto Lopez
EEOC Class: Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm
(Note: Overtime may be expected as approved by supervisor)
Prepare drawings and improvement plans used in civil engineering projects based on the design provided by a civil designer or civil engineer, with minimal assistance. Such plans include grading and drainage plans, street, sewer, storm drain and water plans, pipelines, erosion control plans. Must be able to produce both plan and profiles.
|Essential Job Function
12. Other duties as apply
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of Civil 3D design components and drafting techniques.
· Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, and exhibits.
· Ability to use mathematics (algebra and geometry) to solve problems.
· Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
· Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
· Effective verbal and written communication.
|Education and Experience
3+ years of experience in Civil drafting or design
Minimum of 3 year experience using ACAD Civil 3D
Background knowledge in the land development industry
Competent in Microsoft Office suite program Some drafting and Civil Engineering college courses taken
|Physical Requirements||Percentage of Work Time Spent of Activity|
|Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, vendors and employees.||X|
|Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about department.||X|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up paper products or directories.||X|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.||X|
|Finger Mobility/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.||X|
|Working Condition: Normal working conditions absent extreme factors
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com