Position Title: Engineering Assistant
Reports To: Support Services Supervisor
EEOC Class: Administrative
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt; Hourly
Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm
(Note: Overtime may be expected as approved by supervisor)
The Administrative roles supports projects team by assisting the project manager/engineer with project related tasks such as document control, permitting, cost tracking, reviewing/formatting documents and report building.
|Essential Job Function
2. Adheres to document control procedures by maintaining all incoming and outgoing files and project reports.
3. Create new projects on company network according to established procedures
4. Coordinate travel arrangements for project related travel.
5. Communicate directly with clients and agency staff at the direction of the project manager/engineer.
6. Maintain schedule for meeting rooms and set-up for onsite meetings as needed
7. File paper and electronic project related correspondence according to document control procedures
8. Run errands for company (driving)
9. Coordinate travel arrangements
10. Draft project proposals and estimates using templates and contribute to details where possible, compose and distribute project meeting notes, draft routine correspondence
11. Support technical staff as directed by various managers by assisting in other duties which may include conducting research, compiling data, preparation of reports, supporting efforts for permit submittals and various client deliverables.
12. Comply with company standards and look for opportunities to improve procedures.
13. Expected to complete approximately 50% or more billable work per week.
14. Assist in other duties as needed and directed
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong written and verbal communication.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Attention to detail.
· Complete complex tasks.
· Strong organization skills
· Quick learner
· Creative thinking and problem solving.
· Operate office equipment such as copier, fax machine, scanner, telephone system, etc.
|Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and 3+ years of experience. Industry experience is required.
|Physical Requirements||Percentage of Work Time Spent of Activity|
|Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports and emails||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, vendors and employees.||X|
|Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about department.||X|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up paper products or directories.||X|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.||X|
|Finger Mobility/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.||X|
|Working Condition: Normal working conditions absent extreme factors
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org