Position Title: Engineering Assistant
Reports To: Christina Bottoms
EEOC Class: Administrative
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt; Hourly
Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm
(Note: Overtime may be expected as approved by supervisor)
The Engineering Assistant supports projects team by assisting the project manager/engineer with project related tasks such as document control, permitting, cost tracking, reviewing/formatting documents and report building.
|Essential Job Function
2. Draft project proposals and estimates for brief review by Project Managers. Compose and distribute project meeting notes, compose routine correspondence.
3. Support technical staff by conducting research, compiling data, preparation of reports, coordinating efforts for bids, permit submittals and various client deliverables.
4. Adheres to document control procedures by maintaining all incoming and outgoing files and project reports.
5. Project cost tracking.
6. Assists with report preparation and schedule tracking including light scheduling in MS Project.
7. Coordinate travel arrangements for project related travel.
8. Communicate directly with clients and agency staff at the direction of the project manager/engineer.
9. Ability to complete tasks with limited direction and supervision.
11. Other duties as apply
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong written and verbal communication.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, etc.).
· Operate office equipment such as copier, fax machine, scanner, telephone system, etc.
· Attention to detail.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Complete complex tasks.
· Creative thinking and problem solving.
|Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and 3+ years of experience. Industry experience is required.
|Physical Requirements||Percentage of Work Time Spent of Activity|
|Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports and emails||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, vendors and employees.||X|
|Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about department.||X|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up paper products or directories.||X|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.||X|
|Finger Mobility/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.||X|
|Working Condition: Normal working conditions absent extreme factors
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com