Position Title: Facility Engineer
Department: Mechanical Engineering
EEOC Class: Professional
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm
(Note: Overtime may be expected as approved by supervisor)
Provide mechanical engineering and technical support for the layout, design and specification of piping and equipment for mechanical piping systems. These systems are used for industrial plants in the oil and gas industry and their related infrastructures.
|Essential Job Function
1. Provide Mechanical Engineering support for clients and projects in the oil and gas industry.
2. Develop Piping Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID) for various production and utility facilities in the oil and gas industry.
3. Develop Request for Quote (RFQ) packages for equipment purchase, fabrication and installation services.
4. Develop general project and equipment specifications for equipment purchase, fabrication and installation services.
5. Develop equipment datasheets.
6. Develop piping specifications for various pressure classes and fluid services
7. Support development of cost estimates for modifications to existing facilities and/or fabrication of new facilities.
8. Perform basic design and sizing of mechanical equipment such as pressure vessels, piping systems, pumps, utility equipment, safety equipment and other miscellaneous items.
9. Perform technical evaluation and review of vendor bids for production equipment, fabrication and installation services; including analysis and calculations for pipe sizing, fluid flow, piping stress, equipment and pump sizing, and process optimization.
10. Complete studies and technical reports; with a focus on providing recommendations for technical solutions.
11. Familiar with mechanical piping design construction packages, and able to review for accuracy.
12. Experience with Management of Change, and oil/gas industry processes.
13. Establish excellent working relationship and communication with coworkers, management and clients.
14. Travel to local site locations for design walk-down and/or construction/commissioning assistance.
15. Others duties as apply.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of ASME and API Codes.
· Must be able to read, understand and develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), and Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs), and able to read, understand, and comply with Piping Specifications.
· Must be able to develop Request for Quote (RFQ) packages for equipment purchase.
· Must understand the basic equipment operating principles for tanks, separators, pumps and compressors.
· Must have a clear understanding of process instrumentation used in the industry and be able to recommend facility instrumentation purchases and installation.
· Generally characterized as a “Principal” with ability to discover issues and recommend solutions to technical problems uncovered during course of performing assignments.
· Familiar with related discipline functions and able to blend discipline requirements into current design project.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
|Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
Oil & Gas industry experience
10-15 years of engineering experience
3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory level position
|Physical Requirements||Percentage of Work Time Spent of Activity|
|Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, vendors and employees.||X|
|Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about department.||X|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up paper products or directories.||X|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.||X|
|Finger Mobility/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.||X|
|Working Condition: Normal working conditions absent extreme factors
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com