Position Title: NDE Technician II – L
Department: Mechanical Integrity
Reports To: Brian Wilson
EEOC Class: Operative
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Monday – Friday; 7:00am – 3:30pm
(Note: Overtime to be expected as approved by supervisor)
Perform and complete nondestructive inspections such as UT, MT, PT, ET, LT, or VT at various client sites. Work closely with other team members and disciplines to gain a further understanding of projects and tasks as well as office procedures, policies and guidelines.
|Essential Job Functions
1. Examine pressure vessels, tanks, and pipelines using non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques.
10. Notify supervisors or other personnel of production or safety problems.
11. Enter confined spaces such as tanks and pressure vessels while wearing fitted respirator and / or fall protection harness.
12. Other duties as apply.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to enter and work in confined spaces
· Must pass a pulmonary exam and wear a respirator
· Ability to operate machinery such as a man lift
· Current/Valid Driver License
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs· Ability to read and write reports using Microsoft Office
· Good oral and written communication
· Must be able to operate inspection equipment
· Must be able to read results from inspection equipment
|Education and Experience
Minimum 3 years’ experience performing NDT Nondestructive Examinations
Minimum 2 years of experience completing inspections in the Oil and Energy industry
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
|Physical Requirements||Percentage of Work Time Spent of Activity|
|Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports and inspection equipment. Must be able to distinguish basic colors.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, vendors and employees.||X|
|Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about worksite.||X|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling/Crawling: Must be able to stoop or kneel. Must be able to climb and balance on scaffolding and ladders at elevated levels. Must be able to crawl into and out of confined spaces.||X|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing/Reaching: Must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs. Must be able to reach above shoulders. Must be able to push.||X|
|Finger Mobility/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.||X|
|Working Condition: All environments, climb ladders, hand over hand, operate equipment, and indoors/outdoors
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com